Monday, October 15, 2007

Leaping Lizards

I loved this blanket pattern the moment I saw it. I bought the yarn right away and started knitting. It was challenging at first but once I got going, I adored knitting it and couldn't stop. It's an excellent pattern, with links to useful technique pages like this one on blocking techniques. I used Kureyon no. 185.

"Ta da", here's the finished blanket:


And here's a close-up...


I was lazy and didn't do the edging. Maybe one day... If you'd like a closer look, the blanket is on display in Point Grey.

We love all the Noro yarns and we recently ordered a new one, Silk Garden Light. This is a DK version of the current aran-weight Silk Garden. It's 45% silk, 45% kid mohair, 10% lambswool, 125 metres per ball and knits to a 20-22 stitch gauge on 4.0 - 4.5mm needles. We'll start with 5 colours, 2013, 2028, 2030, 2031 and 2033:

A terrible photo, I know, but it's the best we have. Come into the store for a better look, it should arrive any day.

1 comment:

Gail said...

Gorgeous! Originally I intended on knitting it in different colours, but am beginning more and more to like the "all one shade" look.